Monday, January 17, 2011

Post 94 of 100

I have a confession to make- I am an avid crafter.

Often times while Corey and I spend an evening at home, you will find me sitting on the floor with hemp twisted around my toes or papers strewn all over the place for who knows what project this time.

Scrap-booking, jewelry making, and collaging are my three most common creative outlets.  I'm currently working on a quilt that I have had in mind for at least 3 years.  A trip to Michaels and it will finally be complete!  Recently I have tried my hand at stenciling.  My friend Rich was an avid stenciler for a time and got me interested in it as well.  I'm currently creating stenciled fashion.  I have altered three tops for myself so far, two of which are pictured below.  Over the past year, I have also developed an interest in altering my wardrobe.  I've cut up t-shirts, added ribbon here and buttons there, or splashed something with a little bleach to give my mass-produced pieces a little flare.

When Corey and I packed for Georgia I was blown away by the percentage of our stuff that was for my crafting addiction.  Luckily, I'm finishing projects and organizing my things to consolidate space... and make room for new projects of course!




No comments: