Friday, January 21, 2011

Post 97 of 100

Over the past two weeks I have been reading the Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis.  I've been really enjoying the books and personally think the movies do a great job of bringing the story to the screen.  Upon finishing the third book, I went to retrieve the fourth and discovered it GONE!

My mother bought me this series for Christmas years ago after I read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.  She purchased a box set that has AMAZING artwork on the cover.  I have taken good care of these books as we have moved and cherish this gift from my mom.  

So how on earth am I missing one?!?

I see three possibilities:
1)  I lent it out and that person has failed to return it.  I highly doubt this is the case.  First, why would someone ask to borrow only the fourth book of the series?  And knowing how I feel about these books, I know I wouldn't let someone borrow it for fear of them messing it up or not returning it to me.  So this isn't what happened.
2)  Someone "borrowed" it without my permission.  Maybe someone stayed at my house and began reading it and accidentally took it home with them or failed to mention to me that they wanted to borrow it?  Or maybe they out right stole it.  But again, why would someone only take the 4th book?  And I highly doubt that anyone I allowed to stay at my home would take something of mine.  No, this does not seem like a likely explanation either.
3)  I lost it.  The fourth book is about Prince Caspian.  Is it possible that prior to the second movie coming out, I attempted to read this book and some how misplaced it?  I have no recollection of such and it seems to be out of character for me considering my protection for these works and my need to read things in the order they are to be read.  However, this seems to be the only possible explanation.

Bummer.

I am now on a search for the missing book that matches the rest of my set.  In the mean time I'm reading some of the other books  I've been meaning to get to.


1 comment:

kneecoalgrace said...

I love my friend Rich. He saw this post and went on a search for my missing book. He found it and I now have a complete set. Thanks Rich! And thanks to all those who have also offered. What great friends I have!